GOP Senator Rob Portman announced that he will not be running for office again at the end of his term. Senator Portman’s current term will end in 2022 and is sure to cause a heated battle to fill his position.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Portman cited the lack of “partisan gridlock” and frustrations for his exit.
“I don’t think any Senate office has been more successful in getting things done, but honestly, it has gotten harder and harder to break through the partisan gridlock and make progress on substantive policy, and that has contributed to my decision.”
- Mass Vaccination Clinics Opening Throughout Ohio
- Voter Suppression Bills In Georgia: Companies Donating To Republicans’ ‘Big Lie’ Stay Silent
- Scary Hours: Mitch McConnell Is Reportedly Positioning Daniel Cameron To Be His Successor In The Senate
- Columbus Will Be Among Long Term Mass Vaccination Sites
- Reparations For Slavery: A Promise Never Delivered
- Columbus Police Release Picture of Suspects in Police Fashion Place Shooting
- ABC Newscaster Linsey Davis Shares What Inspired Her New Children’s Book, ‘Stay This Way Forever’ [EXCLUSIVE]
- Koryn Hawthorne Teams Up With Queen Naija For “Speak To Me (Queen Mix)”
- Traffic Closure: 70/71 Split Downtown Will Be Closed this Weekend
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — March 5, 2021: House Passes Major Bills — Ongoing Capitol Threats — Less Stimulus Checks
OHIO: Senator Rob Portman Announces He Will Not Run for Reelection was originally published on rnbcincy.com