Twenty-year-old Jerrell Smoot and fourty-year-old Suriedia Florida-Hinds are both in police custody after a standoff with Columbus Police reported to a call alerting them of two possible kidnappings at the Garden Heights Apartments located in the 1400 block of West Rich Street around 1:30 a.m.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
One victim was able to escape being held captive, telling police on scene that there was another woman being held inside. Columbus police made contact with Smoot and Florida-Hinds and they eventually surrendered and were arrested. According to WBNS, court documents revealed that Florida-Hinds allegedly helped Smoot kidnap the two women. Smoot allegedly raped them and held one-woman captive in a dog cage for two days.
Smoot is being held at the Franklin County Jail and is facing two counts of rape and kidnapping. Florida-Hinds is also being held at the Franklin County Jail and charged with one count of kidnapping.
- Mass Vaccination Clinics Opening Throughout Ohio
- Voter Suppression Bills In Georgia: Companies Donating To Republicans’ ‘Big Lie’ Stay Silent
- Scary Hours: Mitch McConnell Is Reportedly Positioning Daniel Cameron To Be His Successor In The Senate
- Columbus Will Be Among Long Term Mass Vaccination Sites
- Reparations For Slavery: A Promise Never Delivered
- Columbus Police Release Picture of Suspects in Police Fashion Place Shooting
- ABC Newscaster Linsey Davis Shares What Inspired Her New Children’s Book, ‘Stay This Way Forever’ [EXCLUSIVE]
- Koryn Hawthorne Teams Up With Queen Naija For “Speak To Me (Queen Mix)”
- Traffic Closure: 70/71 Split Downtown Will Be Closed this Weekend
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — March 5, 2021: House Passes Major Bills — Ongoing Capitol Threats — Less Stimulus Checks
Columbus: Two Accused of Keeping Woman in Dog Cage, Kidnapping and Rape was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com