As many of us watched in disbelief Wednesday as Trump supporters seized the U.S. Capitol Building, one may have to wonder do these people have a job?
Furthermore, if they do, it surly cannot be one for a government agency especially since they may be seen on camera committing treason and actively engaging in a coup. But as grandma used to say, “Common sense is not common!”
Meet 49-year-old Christine M. Priola, a Cleveland Metropolitan School District occupational therapist, who was identified by social media users as a women in the unbelievable photo below holding a phone up to the man who had just seized the Senate Chamber.
Priola was identified by a Twitter user as a reply to the D.C. Police Department tweet asking for assistance in identifying rioters in a set of photos below.
Shortly after Priola was pointed out, she resigned from her job with Cleveland Metropolitan Schools.
A Cleveland Metropolitan School District teacher resigned after law enforcement began investigating her possible involvement in the riots at the U.S. Capitol. This is her resignation letter. pic.twitter.com/kQkJVc9yDe
— Jen Steer (@jensteer) January 8, 2021
Roseann Canfora, a spokeswoman with CMSD released an emailed statement after Priola’s resignation:
“While CMSD deeply believes in the right of any individual to peacefully protest, as many did on the Capitol plaza on Wednesday afternoon, the District deeply condemns the actions of those involved in the riots inside the Capitol and on the Capitol grounds. The right of peaceful protest, as protected by the first amendment, is a foundation of our democracy. The forcible takeover and willful destruction of our government is not.”
The Cleveland Teachers Union released a statement on Friday condemning the violence at the U.S. Capitol.
The Cleveland Teachers Union strongly condemns the violent attack on our democratic institutions that occurred this week. Rioters who broke the law should be held fully accountable. Our national affiliate has called for the immediate removal of President Trump for instigating this assault on our country.
We are aware of reports of Cleveland teachers who engaged in rioting in the Capitol. We take these allegations very seriously and if true, they must be held accountable.
While we support the right to peaceful protest, what happened inside the Capitol on Wednesday was not a protest, it was an insurrection. It is the exact opposite of what we teach our students. Anyone who participated must bear the very serious consequences of their actions.”
Priola has been employed by the district since 2001.
White Terrorists Safely Taking Siege Of Capitol Highlights Policing Double Standard, Twitter Reacts
1. Yes, this is looting.
1 of 14
Trump supporters now LOOTING from the Capitol building. you have got to be kidding me. why even have officers at this point?what are they gonna do? oh yeah help them loot the paintings now i guess.#CapitolBuilding#whiteprivilege#Capitol pic.twitter.com/xKBYGVb3JJ— Neda (@poetic_women) January 6, 2021
2. The Ops were nowhere to be found.2 of 14
3. What's the difference?
3 of 14
What is the DC Penalty for Black ppl who simply break a metal barrier?— ChuckModi (@ChuckModi1) January 6, 2021
Ask the mother of #KaronHylton who was arrested by MPD two weeks ago. fir wanting answers for her dead son. Why is DC Police treating Black grieving mothers like this but not Capitol rioters? #WhitePrivilege https://t.co/XelQwqjP85
4.4 of 14
5.5 of 14
6.6 of 14
7.7 of 14
8.8 of 14
9. Where is the lie?
9 of 14
My black kids won’t be able to safely wear a hoodie in their own community but these terrorists are able to walk calmly (and freely) around a Capitol they have forcibly overtaken.— Jahnisa (@SimplyJahnisa) January 6, 2021
This is America.#whiteprivilege #CapitolBuilding #DCProtests pic.twitter.com/vbbzoSe4Vp
10.10 of 14
11.11 of 14
12.12 of 14
13.13 of 14
Protest Rages At The U.S. Capitol
1. TOPSHOT-US-POLITICS-ELECTION-TRUMPSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Trump Supporters Hold "Stop The Steal" Rally In DC Amid Ratification Of Presidential ElectionSource:Getty 2 of 14
3. US-POLITICS-ELECTIONSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. US-POLITICS-ELECTIONSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Trump Supporters Hold "Stop The Steal" Rally In DC Amid Ratification Of Presidential ElectionSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Trump Supporters Hold "Stop The Steal" Rally In DC Amid Ratification Of Presidential ElectionSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Trump Supporters Hold "Stop The Steal" Rally In DC Amid Ratification Of Presidential ElectionSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Trump Supporters Hold "Stop The Steal" Rally In DC Amid Ratification Of Presidential ElectionSource:Getty 8 of 14
9. US-POLITICS-ELECTION-PROTESTSource:Getty 9 of 14
10. Trump Supporters Hold "Stop The Steal" Rally In DC Amid Ratification Of Presidential ElectionSource:Getty 10 of 14
11. Trump Supporters Hold "Stop The Steal" Rally In DC Amid Ratification Of Presidential ElectionSource:Getty 11 of 14
12. US-POLITICS-ELECTION-TRUMPSource:Getty 12 of 14
13. US-POLITICS-ELECTION-TRUMPSource:Getty 13 of 14
14. US-POLITICS-ELECTION-PROTESTSource:Getty 14 of 14
OHIO: School Employee Resigns After Being Seen On Social Media At The Siege was originally published on wzakcleveland.com