Columbus Police Chief Officer Quinlan issued a public statement on Christmas Eve announcing that charges will be filed against Officer Adam Coy, the Columbus officer who fatally shot Andre’ Hill on Tuesday. Chiefs also recommending that Officer Coy be terminated.
In his statement, Chief Quinlan said, “Today is Christmas Eve. A time when we should be gathering with those we love. The family of Andre Hill has nothing to celebrate this holiday. Someone very important won’t be with them this holiday, or any other. A Columbus Police Officer is responsible for that. And that breaks my heart. This is why today I am announcing action to terminate Officer Adam Coy.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Two charges alleging critical misconduct have been filed against Officer Coy and a hearing will be held before the director of Public Safety Ned Pettus Jr. on Monday. The decision will be announced after.
Andre Hill is the second black man to die after being shot by a Columbus Police Officer in the month of December. Officer Coy was responding to a noise complaint when he encountered Hill in a garage and shot him. Hill was unarmed.
Listen to his official statement below:
- ‘Failure For Our Democracy’: Senate Fails To Advance Police Reform Dropping The Ball On George Floyd Justice In Policing Act
- ‘Back To The Ballot Box’: Michelle Obama’s When We All Vote Launches National Voter Registration Week of Action
- Dictatorship Masked As Democracy: A Timeline Of The 1915 U.S Invasion And Occupation Of Haiti
- Black, Anti-Vaxxer Republican Candidate Violently Thrown Into Metal Detector After COVID-19 Vaccine Committee Meeting
- Haitian Migrants Reportedly Freed On ‘Very Large Scale’ As U.S. Shamed Into Stopping Deportations
- As A.J. Johnson’s GoFundMe Gets Meager Donations, His Widow Wonders ‘Where Is The Love?’
- Jelani Day’s Mother Wants Her Son To Get The Same Attention As Gabby Petito
- A new STEM school in Columbus teaching Coding
- After Horrific Photos Surface, Black Leaders Demand President Biden Take Action For Asylum Seekers Now
- Tamika Mallory Slams Biden Administration For Border Patrol Whipping Haitian Migrants: ‘Y’all Are Responsible’
Columbus Police Chief “Officer Coy Must Be Terminated” Charges Filled was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com