The Columbus Crew played their last game at MAPFRE Stadium winning their second MLS Cup Championship in franchise history. The Crew secured the 2020 title by beating the defending champions Seattle Sounders 3-0.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The last time The Crew had a chance to win the title was back in 2015 falling short to the Portland Timbers. The last time The Crew secured the MLS Cup Championship was in 2008 when they defeated The New York Red Bulls.
The victory came just a couple of years The Crew almost moved to another city. Crew supporters rallied together to keep the team in Columbus, along with it came a deal for a newer bigger stadium. The Columbus Crew will start their next season at their new stadium in the arena district located in downtown Columbus until then we celebrate this win!
- WATCH: What You Need To Know: August 2, 2021 — Millions Lose Homes — Delta Variant As Contagious As Chickenpox — Olympic Fencer Curtis Mc Dowald
- The Richland County Fair Is Back With No Restrictions
- Biden Administration Says Infrastructure Deal Prioritizes The Black Community
- Eye On The Community with Sean Anthony: Interview about Black Girl Soar
- Rep. Cori Bush Calls Inaction On Eviction Moratorium A ‘Moral Failure’
- Legendary Nollywood Actress Rachael Oniga Dies At 64
- Nina Turner Makes Her Case For Congress: ‘People Just Want To Live’
- Congress Goes On Vacation To Their Homes As Evictions Start Back Up
- LeVar Burton Hosting ‘Jeopardy!’ Is Black Joy Personified
- ‘Simone Biles Jokes’: SNL’s Michael Che Dragged For Allegedly Mocking Gymnast In Deleted Instagram Stories