Tommy “Tiny” Lister, one of Hollywood’s greatest tough guys who took on the iconic role of Deebo in the Friday film series, has passed away according to TMZ.
Lister, 62, was found deceased at his Los Angeles area home on Thursday (December 10). There’s no official word on a cause of death.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The 6’5″ “Tiny” first broke through to audiences in 1989 as the character Zeus in the film No Holds Barred starring Hulk Hogan. The film eventually led him to spend time in the WWE (then WWF) before he would later land the role which would define him as a comedy and meme legend. He was cast as Deebo in Ice Cube‘s 1995 cult classic film Friday playing the quintessential neighborhood bully. He would return for the film’s sequel in 2000 and also played President Lingberg in the sci-fi action classic The Fifth Element and appeared in The Dark Knight.
- National Police Association Wants Us To ‘Stop Filming And Start Helping’– Stop Laughing, They’re Serious!
- LeBron James Gets White Couple Booted From Game Allegedly Over Disgusting Remark About His Son
- Lee Elder, First Black Golfer To Play In Masters, Dead At 87
- Pastor Mark Couch Talks About His New Book “Refuse To Quit” | Get Up! Exclusive [Listen]
- Jussie Smollett’s Trial For Lying About A Hate Crime Begins This Week
- Cyber Monday: Supporting Black Businesses Online For The Holidays, And Always
- Ohio State falls to No. 7 after losing to Michigan in AP college football poll; Cincinnati up to No. 3
- Man tells Columbus police he was shot trying to buy marijuana
- Ohio State quarterback Miller announces intent to transfer
- Ohio Organizer Offers Lessons From Municipal Elections Ahead Of 2022 Midterms
Actor Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister, Deebo From ‘Friday,’ Passes Away At 62 was originally published on theboxhouston.com