History was made in Columbus after voters decide to vote yes for a civilian review board over the police.
This year we saw heighten tension between the police and civilians with multiple acts of police brutality with Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and other victims.
On Election Day Columbus decided to vote yes on “Columbus Issue 2” which will create both a civilian oversight with subpoena power and an inspector general’s office for the division of police to carry out independent investigations of alleged police misconduct.
Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther announced in July he was also seating a workgroup to help establish a civilian review board.
Source: NBC4i, ABC 6
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- 20 Ideas To Change Your Life | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Juan Winans Premieres His New Song ‘More Than Once’ ft. Lisa Winans
- Holiday Shopping Tips | Money Monday
- Happiness Is In Direct Proportion To Gratitude | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Todd Dulaney Premieres His New Song ‘It’s Working’ featuring Bishop Hezekiah Walker
- How Gratitude Can Save Your Life | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Ricky Dillard Premieres His New Song ‘Hold On’
- (Thanksgiving Day) – The Importance Of Being Thankful | Dr. Willie Jolley
- How To Live A Full Life | Dr. Willie Jolley
- The Group Fire Talks New Christmas EP, Teases A Deluxe Edition For 2024
Columbus Votes YES On Issue 2 For Civilian Review Board for Columbus Police was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
8 Christian Hip Hop Songs by Lecrae To Praise God To
10 Power Messages From Bishop T.D. Jakes To Get You Through 2023
Ahjah Walls Engaged! Kyle Luce’ Put A Ring On It
Download Our New Joy 107.1 Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
Urban One Thanksgivingback 2023 Turkey Tour
10 Power Messages From Joel Osteen For Spiritual Growth
Michelle Obama Wishes Barack A Happy Birthday With A Sweet Message: ‘Love you, Always’
Urban One Thanksgiving Back Turkey Tour!