Grab your Buckeye gear! According to sources, the Big Ten is expected to announce Football will resume in October. In August, the Conference voted to postpone all fall sports due to concerns over Coronavirus COVID-19. University Presidents voted 11-3 in the August vote with only Nebraska, Ohio State, and Iowa pushing to move forward with the fall season.
The News was first reported by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
October 23rd is the reported return date for the conference making it an 8 game season. The timing should allow the Big Ten to be represented in the Collge Football Playoff before the announcement of teams in October.
No official word or statement from Ohio State has been made but this post was made just after the news broke on Ohio State Footballs Instagram Account.
We will have more as the news develops.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Cincinnati: Protesters March Downtown After Breonna Taylor Decision
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — September 24, 2020: No Justice For Breonna Taylor — Wells Fargo CEO Apologizes — Mike Tyson Will Vote
- Teachers Complain About Parents During Virtual Learning
- Two Louisville Police Officers Shot During Protests
- Breonna Taylor Grand Jury Indicts 1 As Killer Louisville Cops ‘Got Away With Murder’
- One Officer Indicted In Connection With Breonna Taylor’s Murder
- HEALTHY EVER AFTER: Healthy Comfort Foods
- Mr. Griffin: ‘Greater Is HE That Is Me’ [VIDEO]
- Cincinnati: Voting To Ban No Knock Warrants
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — September 23, 2020: 200,000+ Deaths — Bloomberg Funds Former Felons — Slavery Assignments