When the nation bids farewell to Barack Obama on January 20, 2017 as President-elect Donald Trump officially take office, NewsOne‘s #OneObama microsite has been reflecting on Obama‘s achievements during his historic two terms.
At #OneObama, you will find stories about the president’s indelible mark on promoting education, criminal justice reforms, fighting for same-sex marriage, among others. We also explore criticisms, including claims that he didn’t he do enough for African Americans while in office.
Sill, do you remember where you were on this historic date? Let us know in comments.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 8
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 8
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 8
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 8
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 8
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 8
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 8
8 of 8
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U