The ticket is set.
On Tuesday (August 11), Democratic nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden announced California senator Kamala Harris as his running mate. Harris, the former Attorney General for California, would be the first Black woman named to a major party’s Presidential ticket and would be the first female Vice President if Biden is elected in November.
“I have the great honor to announce that I’ve picked @KamalaHarris — a fearless fighter for the little guy and one of the country’s finest public servants — as my running mate,” Biden tweeted.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
He added, “Back when Kamala was Attorney General, she worked closely with Beau. I watched as they took on the big banks, lifted up working people, and protected women and kids from abuse. I was proud then, and I’m proud now to have her as my partner in this campaign.”
Harris, who initially ran for President until she suspended her campaign last December, endorsed Biden for President earlier this year.
- Black Americans Are Disproportionately Impacted By High Prescription Drugs Costs. Congressional Action Is A Matter Of Racial Equity.
- BLM-LA Leader ‘Swatted’ Again After Announcing LAPD Lawsuit, Says Incident Underscores Call to Defund Police
- Haitian Migrants: Does The U.S. Have A Legal Obligation To Process Asylum Seekers? It’s Complicated
- Kelly Price Reportedly Missing In Georgia Following COVID-19 Battle
- Anti-Vaxxers Who Threaten To Quit Their Jobs Over Vaccine Mandates Rarely Do, Data Shows
- House Committee Subpoenas Trump Advisors In Jan. 6 Capitol Riot Investigation. Trump, Of Course, Is Big Mad
- Data Shows U.S. Grants Asylum To Haitians Less Than Any Other Nationality
- State Rep. Under Fire For Saying Rhode Island’s Homeless Should Come Before Afghan Refugee ‘Strangers’
- ‘Battling COVID-Like’ Symptoms, Wayne Dupree Is Latest Anti-Vax Right-Wing Talk Show Host To Get Sick
- Rev. Jesse Jackson Thanks God For “Leading The Way” To Overcoming His COVID Battle
Joe Biden Announces Kamala Harris As His Pick For Vice President was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com