Ohio’s Governor Mike DeWine has tested positive for COVID-19 just before a scheduled visit with President Trump.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
President Trump was to meet DeWine Thursday in Cleveland and underwent a mandatory COVID-19 test before his visit as part of standard protocol. The news was revealed on Governor DeWine’s Twitter account.
DeWine is currently a-symptomatic and is planning to follow CDC recommendations and quarantine in his home for 14 days.
DeWine is the second governor in the U.S. to test positive for COVID-19 after Republican Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt. Ohio’s Lt. Governor Jon Husted also took a COID-19 but tested negative.
For more information on COVID-19 and Ohio visit coronavirus.ohio.gov
UPDATE 8/7/2020 10:31pm
After returning home Governor DeWine and his wife Fran took a second COVID-19 test. Both Governor DeWine and his wife tested negative. The Governor took two different types of COVID-19 test, the negative test came from a PCR test that is said to be more accurate.
- Biden Calls For Bold Rescue Plan To Tackle Economy
- 5 Facts About The Assassination Of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Darwin Hobbs Debuts New Song, “Get Ready” [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ohio Counties COVID Vaccination Plans
- Black Lawmakers, Allies Demand That White Supremacy Is Addressed Within The Halls Of Congress
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — January 15, 2021: Next Up: Trump Trial — Covid-19 Cases Low Among Children — Pastor Fatally Shot
- Columbus: Two Accused of Keeping Woman in Dog Cage, Kidnapping and Rape
- Two Bodies Found in Concrete Inside a Hilltop Residence
- Urban Meyer Coming Out of Retirement
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Nominated To Be Vice Chair Of DNC
Governor Mike DeWine Test Positive for COVID-19 Then Negative in 2nd Test was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com