According to NewsOne, “with nearly 50 million Black people in the United States, Black consumers spend more than $1 trillion a year. Nielsen, which provides analytical insights about the habits of consumers, released an in-depth look at Black buying power to document the trends associated with that tremendously reliable level of spending.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
So why not use our black buying power to uplift our own by buying something we all use every day….clothes! Ohio is home to thousands of black fashion designers. In fact, Columbus was named the #3 city in the US for fashion just behind New York and Los Angeles. Everything from evening gowns to accessories there are so many talented designers in the Buckeye state to fill your closet with unique items to set you apart from others.
From Cincinnati to Cleveland we’ve curated a list of black designers living and creating in Ohio!
Know someone we missed? Click here
- Eye on The Community Featuring Otterbein President John L. Comerford
- Eye On The Community featuring Joy Bivens
- ‘Little Brown Girl’: Misogynoir Attacks Against Kamala Harris, Explained
- The Kamala Harris Effect: Biden Campaign Fundraising Sets New Record Since VP Pick
- Cincinnati: 2 Young Men Shot In Forest Park
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — August 14, 2020: $26M in 24 Hours — Say Her Name — Fani Willis Makes History
- Mamba Forever: Orange County California Declares August 24 “Kobe Bryant Day”
- Coronavirus Update: White House Releases Suggestions for Reopening America’s Schools
- Trump Satire Queen Sarah Cooper Lands Comedy Special with Netflix
- Hulu Releases Trailer For Horror Satire Movie Exploring Black Hair