The nation’s largest “Race For The Cure” will now go down in Columbus on August 1.
The race was postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak and the original date was May 16. Julie McMahon, the Interim Director for “Race for the Cure” said the decision to push the race back “wasn’t taken lightly.”
“Komen Columbus takes the health and safety of our participants supporters, volunteers, staff, and the patients and survivors we serve very seriously,” said McMahon.
It is good to see that this race is back on especially with the fact it raises money to help the fight against breast cancer. To register for the “Race For The Cure,” go to www.komencolumbus.org.
Did You Know These Celebrities Are Cancer Survivors?
1. Robin Roberts -Diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. Colin Powell -Diagnosed with prostate cancer at the age of 40.Source:WENN 2 of 8
3. Robert Deniro - Diagnosed with early-stage prostate cancer in 2003Source:Getty 3 of 8
4. Wanda Sykes - Diagnosed in 2011 with early stage breast cancerSource:Getty 4 of 8
5. Hoda Kotb- Diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010Source:Getty 5 of 8
6. Ben Stiller- Survived prostate cancer after being diagnosed in 2014Source:Getty 6 of 8
7. Mr. T- In 1995 was diagnosed with T-Cell LymphomaSource:Getty 7 of 8
8. Betsey Johnson - Diagnosed with breast cancer in 1999Source:WENN 8 of 8
Race For The Cure Will Go Down August 1 After Coronvirus Postponed Event was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com