A Columbus firefighter is on leave without pay after being charged with attempted sexual conduct with a minor.
According to court documents, 54-year-old Walter Lash attempted to have sexual conduct with a 15-year-old girl on Feb. 26.
Lash is also charged with importuning.
Columbus Fire Battalion Chief Steve Martin released a statement :
“We have been aware of the charges against Lash. This is devastating to the division and is in no way representative of the values that define us as public servants. Lash will be afforded due process in court as anyone would be and then will face appropriate actions by the division of fire.””
The Columbus Division of Fire said Lash had been placed on unpaid leave.
Lash is due to be arraigned on the charges Thursday morning. He’s currently being held in the Franklin County Jail.
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Why The Nation And White House Need To Prioritize Reproductive Justice
- Franklin County Moves Up to Level 4 (Purple) on Ohio’s COVID Map
- ‘What Is Justice?’ Daunte Wright’s Family Demands Full ‘Accountability’ In Wake Of Kim Potter’s Arrest
- 74-Year-Old Grandmother Sues Oklahoma City Police, Says God ‘Spared’ Her Life After Cops Broke Her Arm
- Cops Transport Family Of Army Sergeant To Safety After He’s Captured Assaulting A Black Man
- Nina Parker Announces Her New Plus-Size Collection With Macy’s
- Jennifer Lopez, Alex Rodriguez Split After 4-Year Relationship
- ‘We Are Grateful For Your Support’: Family Announces Death Of 12-Year-Old Who Partook In ‘Blackout’ TikTok Challenge
- Westerville Police Officers Put on Leave Pending Investigation of St. Ann’s Hospital Shooting, Bodycam Footage Released
- ‘Right Person At The Right Time’: Kristen Clarke Is Poised To Lead DOJ’s Civil Rights Division
Columbus Firefighter Charged With Attempted Sexual Conduct With Minor was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com