A Columbus firefighter is on leave without pay after being charged with attempted sexual conduct with a minor.
According to court documents, 54-year-old Walter Lash attempted to have sexual conduct with a 15-year-old girl on Feb. 26.
Lash is also charged with importuning.
Columbus Fire Battalion Chief Steve Martin released a statement :
“We have been aware of the charges against Lash. This is devastating to the division and is in no way representative of the values that define us as public servants. Lash will be afforded due process in court as anyone would be and then will face appropriate actions by the division of fire.””
The Columbus Division of Fire said Lash had been placed on unpaid leave.
Lash is due to be arraigned on the charges Thursday morning. He’s currently being held in the Franklin County Jail.
- Columbus Native and Gymnast Nia Dennis Stuns With Viral Floor Routine
- Cat’s Birthday Party Leads to COVID-19 Spread
- OHIO: Senator Rob Portman Announces He Will Not Run for Reelection
- Cincinnati: There Was A Major Crash On 75 North
- ‘We Must Convict Him!’ Maxine Waters Demands Trump’s Senate Impeachment Trial ‘Take Away His Power’
- Black Women On Roe v. Wade: ‘Now’s The Time To Ensure Equity, Not Just Access’
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — January 25, 2021: Impeachment Trial Moves to Senate — Henry “Hank” Aaron — Coronavirus Update
- The First ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ Trailer Teases A Worldstar Fight of Epic Proportions
- Breonna Taylor Grand Jurors Want Tap Dancing Attorney General Daniel Cameron Impeached
- Candace Owens Becomes Mother To A Black Baby Boy
Columbus Firefighter Charged With Attempted Sexual Conduct With Minor was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com