A Columbus firefighter is on leave without pay after being charged with attempted sexual conduct with a minor.
According to court documents, 54-year-old Walter Lash attempted to have sexual conduct with a 15-year-old girl on Feb. 26.
Lash is also charged with importuning.
Columbus Fire Battalion Chief Steve Martin released a statement :
“We have been aware of the charges against Lash. This is devastating to the division and is in no way representative of the values that define us as public servants. Lash will be afforded due process in court as anyone would be and then will face appropriate actions by the division of fire.””
The Columbus Division of Fire said Lash had been placed on unpaid leave.
Lash is due to be arraigned on the charges Thursday morning. He’s currently being held in the Franklin County Jail.
- Cincinnati: Shooting In Avondale Police Investigate
- Philadelphia Cops Kill Walter Wallace Jr., Black Man With Knife Who Video Shows Didn’t Pose Deadly Threat To Police
- Civil Rights Leaders Shake Their Heads At Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court Confirmation
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — October 27, 2020: New Supreme Court Justice — First Black Catholic Cardinal — Unstable School Re-Openings
- Trump Claims ’60 Minutes’ Interview Walk Out Showed “Strength”
- We Love To See It: Obama Campaigns For Joe Biden In Florida With More Smoke For Trump
- Jamie Foxx’s Sister, DeOndra Dixon, Passes Away At 36
- ‘black-ish’ Creator Kenya Barris To Write, Direct Richard Pryor Biopic
- Forget The Critics: Serena Shows Out For The Gram In Her Stuart Weitzman Boots
- Peacock In Negotiations To Pick Up ‘New York Undercover’ Reboot
Columbus Firefighter Charged With Attempted Sexual Conduct With Minor was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com